For the past few months our team at Studio 3DX has been working with IFCjs We are excited to announce that we have fully implemented IFCjs as the engine behind our Studio 3DX viewer. Harry Collin, our Software Developer is an active contributor to IFCjs and we will keep the viewer updated at all times.
So what's new?
- Powerful Viewer with no lag when orbiting, zooming, isolating, etc.
- Faster Processing and Loading - If the IFC model was exported correctly then there should not be any problems in processing and loading the model.
- Tested with 500MB+ models - We have tested simple & complex, small & large models, and they have been processed and viewed successfully in our new viewer. The model will take as much time to load as if you were downloading it.
- Measuring & Clipping - We have implemented two new tools in your toolkit. That's our measurement tool from point-to-point on the model and the clipping tool.
- Orthographic, First Person Viewer & Isometric - There are now three different perspectives to view your models.
Of course, we need your help to test it even more and any issues that might come up we are always here to resolve them with you.
Are you new to Studio 3DX?
What is IFC.js, who made it, and how is it used?